Sender:Carlos Chegado - www.carloschegado.com
Date/Time:2010-Feb-13 15:53:00
Subject:Re: 360Cities.net

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: 360Cities.net Carlos Chegado - www.carloschegado.com 2010-Feb-13 15:53:00

> Think of "normal" users. clicking and dragging using the "hand"
> cursor, I think, is definitely more intuitive.
>
> the ease of use, and level of frustration MUST be taken into account.
>
> Taking that into account, is the "hand" cursor really so bad?
>
> I'm not stating my opinion - I'm honestly wondering. I don't know the
> answer of what is "better"

I would be very interested in seeing a panel discussion about this issue
in the The International Panoramic Photography Conference - Tucson 2010
<http://tucson2010.com/>.
This is definitely one issue we should be addressing.

I suspect Google might have something to say about their choices, they
probably have made some usability tests themselves and based their
decisions on something other than personal taste.
It seems Google is poised to create the future standard for interactive
VR Photography navigation, like it or not.
Although I personally prefer to navigate VR images same way as most if
us have been doing it, I would appreciate such debate in Tucson,
specially between experts in both fields.

Os melhores cumprimentos,
Best regards,

Carlos Chegado

Olho de Peixe Lda
Rua Miguel Pais, 48 - B, 2830-356 Barreiro, Portugal
Tel: (+351) 210 88 91 92, Fax: (+351) 210 88 91 99

|| Skype: carloschegado || facebook.com/carloschegado ||
twitter.com/carloschegado ||

|| Fotografia 360? ?? www.carloschegado.com || www.olhodepeixe.pt ||
www.xprints.com ||

|| 360cities.net/profile/carlos-chegado || ivrpa.org/user/2153 ||