Sender:bryant_arnett
Date/Time:2010-Feb-01 16:28:00
Subject:Re: 360Cities.net

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: 360Cities.net bryant_arnett 2010-Feb-01 16:28:00
--- In #removed#, "Richard Chesher" <moira@...> wrote:

> Go to Google Earth, Gallery, and click on the 360Cities.net icon - VR is
> already on Google Earth and in the most technologically wonderful way
> possible with tens of thousands of sphere images from all over the world.

I disagree that this is the most technologically wonderful way possible. The image viewing navigation in Google Earth is terrible. Dragging the little hand around, completely opposite of the way we normally view VR images in the rest of the world, is a giant step backwards for the world of VR photography. Why does Google Earth display VR images this way? It's so bad that I never use the feature, except occasionally the "street view" mode if I am really looking for a location in the map. When it comes to viewing images in the 360Cities database, I would never use this terrible interface. That's just my opinion.

``````Bryant