Sender:Bernhard Vogl
Date/Time:2008-Jun-16 15:27:00
Subject:Re: Where is Slovenia?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Where is Slovenia? Bernhard Vogl 2008-Jun-16 15:27:00
Hello Bostjan,

>   But... citisens of US don't panic... it was similar research in Vienna
> (capital of Austria...that is Europe...70% of the asked people had not a
> clue where is Ljubljana (capital of Slovenia) and 25% with no idea where is
> Slovenia...

That's a really weird finding - especially where Slovenia is only ~1 hour away from Vienna.
I think, people still didn't get rid of the feeling that the world ends on the eastern border of Austria - you know, like Columbus and the earth as a disk ;-)
One shouldn't forget that the "iron curtain" was closed till late 80s and Slovenia as a country became independent in 1991...

Bernhard