Sender:Carl von Einem
Date/Time:2008-Jun-05 14:43:00
Subject:Re: ZKM globorama hassle

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: ZKM globorama hassle Carl von Einem 2008-Jun-05 14:43:00
--- In #removed#, "Josh" <wwp@...> wrote:

> We are sitting in the same boat. I
> can't believe we are fighting each other.

That would be two boats in this case. And a matter of float-by theft.

> ZKM has had and has no realistic chance to contact each individual
> panographer for THIS kind of project (...)

I don't think this is funny. Stop making up such completely false
statements when you apparently haven't followed the discussion.

I think your claims are a slap in the face of the wwp organisers, also
of those who try to negotiate with ZKM on a fair basis and make them
aware of what copyrights are.

I can't think of you as a professional photographer when you tell us
that you exchange usage rights for immortality, that's just
ridiculous. Do I interpret that part in
<http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/wwp/message/9904> correctly? You
state that it'll be better to give your rights away for free because
otherwise that editor could choose between images of hundreds of other
photographers? That tells me that your artwork is a) not unique (but
replaceable) and b) you're actively causing other (better knowing)
photographers not to earn money.

Think about that!