Sender:Josh
Date/Time:2008-Jun-05 15:08:00
Subject:Re: ZKM globorama hassle

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: ZKM globorama hassle Josh 2008-Jun-05 15:08:00
--- In #removed#, "Carl von Einem" <einem@...> wrote:

> --- In #removed#, "Josh" <wwp@> wrote:
> >
> > We are sitting in the same boat. I
> > can't believe we are fighting each other.
>
> That would be two boats in this case. And a matter of float-by theft.
>
> > ZKM has had and has no realistic chance to contact each individual
> > panographer for THIS kind of project (...)
>
> I don't think this is funny. Stop making up such completely false
> statements when you apparently haven't followed the discussion.
>
> I think your claims are a slap in the face of the wwp organisers, also
> of those who try to negotiate with ZKM on a fair basis and make them
> aware of what copyrights are.
>
> I can't think of you as a professional photographer when you tell us
> that you exchange usage rights for immortality, that's just
> ridiculous. Do I interpret that part in
> <http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/wwp/message/9904> correctly? You
> state that it'll be better to give your rights away for free because
> otherwise that editor could choose between images of hundreds of other
> photographers? That tells me that your artwork is a) not unique (but
> replaceable) and b) you're actively causing other (better knowing)
> photographers not to earn money.
>
> Think about that!

Thanks Carl, I thought about it already. And I look back on a career
that is based upon giving support and receiving support - besides
earning some good money. The publisher of this book asked for the best
reachable quality and told everyone she could not pay for it. To me
this is support of an interesting project and sort of advertising
myself. The word immortality in this conjunction was kind of a joke -
I understood it. And I am not causing anyone to not earn money.

Maybe you know how much BFF photographers pay per year to be published
in books? Thousands of Euros. Yes 'pay' not 'receive'!

Of course you are free to live your kind of professionality.

Meanwhile what bothers me, that all of you who reply to my posts make
it personal: I am mistaken, not professional, etc. You don't seem to
read my other words: support, developing VR, doing a great job, etc. I
was not offending you. I tried to show another, more calm position.

I was with you in the beginning. Copyright abuse is NOT RIGHT -
okay!?! But apparently you can't keep it calm, accept an apologize and
go on doing your daily job. That's what I will do for now ...

Cheers
Josh