Sender:caroling
Date/Time:2009-Jun-22 21:11:00
Subject:Re: this N that

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: this N that caroling 2009-Jun-22 21:11:00
Ahha, true. But when you are ready to upload when logged on the preparation server, I see:
Equirectangular JPEG:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION (a link)
Legacy QuickTime Panorama/Object Upload

The Important Information says this:
Preparing the JPEG source
Providing an equirectangular JPEG (aka "spherical JPEG") as a high-quality source is now the preferred way of contributing to the WWP. You only need to upload a single file, and we will automatically convert it to support both Flash and Quicktime panorama playback. This also ensures compatibility with future updates. Guidelines for the JPEG image.

   1. Set your panorama stitcher to output a spherical image in 2:1 aspect ratio, e.g. 8000x4000 pixels, even if your panorama is a cylinder.
   2. Please do not crop the image. If your panorama is a cylinder and has no floor or ceiling, you can (and should!) still upload a spherical image including the empty areas and set the upper and lower limit via the server interface.
   3. Use a plain JPEG file for the upload.
   4. After you have uploaded the JPEG, you will notice a new link "Configure panorama display..." right under the "Upload" button. You can set the opening view, the thumbnail view and the upper and lower tilt limit there.
   5. The default opening and thumbnail are centered on the panorama image.
   6. You only need to upload the JPEG image. We will build the flash player and quicktime files from this source, usually within 24 hours.
   7. If you prefer (or need) to use Quicktime files (e.g. for objects), please do NOT upload an additional JPEG, or remove an existing JPEG by pressing "upload" with no file selected.
   8. The flash player currently has a limit of 8190x4095 pixels, due to memory constraints. If you upload a larger source image, you will not be able to preview it until the semi-automated conversion to small and fullscreen has completed. This is done off-site and may be delayed by several hours.

--
Caroling, www.wholeo.net

From: Hans Nyberg <#removed#>