Sender:Yahoo Account
Date/Time:2009-Jun-25 17:07:00
Subject:Re: this N that

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: this N that Yahoo Account 2009-Jun-25 17:07:00

>From: Uri Cogan <#removed#>
>
>Earlier I wrote about equirectangular upload for Flash:
>
>>> There are a several problems: it looks like my settings for initial
>>> viewpoint and zoom were ignored;  there was no way to set zoom in-out
>>> limits, and there appears no way to set auto-rotation.
>
>>I never saw a reply.  Is this being addressed?

I was pretty certain I wrote a mail about that, but I may have filed it instead of sending it... sorry!

Yes, as far as I can tell, setting the the initial viewpoint works as it should.
I've just checked with your panorama, and the view is (almost) identical when switching between Flash and Quicktime.

One possible reason for the disregard of the initial viewpoint may be that your computer has cached the Javascript function that creates the flash/quicktime code, so while the data is in the page, the external script simply disregards it.
If it still doesn't work, you might need to reload the page or empty your browser's cache - a reload should usually do.

And, of course, you're right, the zoom-in limit from the template is too extreme. Thanks for the reminder!

Autorotation: I reserved a field in the database, and it's easy to teach the Flash player to do it - but it's harder to make Quicktime honor the setting. Working on it...

-Markus