Sender:Fernando Costa Pinto
Date/Time:2008-May-28 19:14:00
Subject:Re: all in one

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: all in one Fernando Costa Pinto 2008-May-28 19:14:00
Hi Yuv,

It is in reply for a letter ZKM  send me
here it is ...

Dear Members of the World Wide Panorama Project,

at first I would like to thank you very much for your time dealing
with our request and for your replies, your comments, suggestions and
for voicing your concerns.

As requested by some of you who wrote to us, we would herewith like to
withdraw the phrase saying that we assume your consent, if we do not
receive any comments from your side. We would like to thank you for
alerting us to the fact that many members of the World Wide
Panorama-Project might not agree with this paragraph.

Attached to this mail, please find the document that was changed
accordingly. We'd be happy if those of you who might under these
circumstances be willing to give us their consent would send us the
agreement form by e-mail or by fax.

We'd also like to state again that, of course, the crediting of the
individual authors of the panoramas goes without saying and is of
paramount importance to us.

For the sake of good order, please note that we have not received
monies or entrance fees for the Globorama Project so far. When it was
presented to the public, it was free of charge. As described before,
ZKM is a public institution. The financing of the project was ensured
by the Information Technology Funding program of the federal state of
Baden-Wuerttemberg. This is a non-commercial project the purpose of
which is purely scientific. The goal of Globorama within that context
is to present the objective of the research activities in an intuitive
way and to attract people to the possibilities of large-scale
projection systems and to the possibilities and fascination of
VR-technology.

Since it is already a sensation to travel around the world using a
novel panoramic image transformation for satellite data, it makes it
even more attractive for visitors to enjoy the beauty of surround
photography and visit distant locations in a panoramic environment.
ZKM understood that this was one of the purposes and a concern of
World Wide Panorama Members and we are more than happy about every
author who gives his permission to use his images and to contribute to
Globorama.

Once again, thank you very much for your time and your feedback,

Sincerely,

Bernd Lintermann
Head of the ZKM | Institute for Visual Media

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 10:28 AM, Yuval Levy <#removed#> wrote:
> Dear Fernando,
>
> thank you for showing this letter - but it was in reply to what exactly?

ZKM

> who is Bernd? sorry, for me it looks like a nice letter out of context,

Bernd Lintermann
Head of the ZKM | Institute for Visual Media

> can you help me understand?

Sorry if I confused you .

Fernando