Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2006-Oct-18 13:40:00
Subject:Re: how about moving away from quicktime?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: how about moving away from quicktime? Hans Nyberg 2006-Oct-18 13:40:00
On Oct 18, 2006, at 1:40 PM, Yann Leroy wrote:

> What do you mean by 3400 max size? On my side, I usually run 6000x3000
> fullscreen panoramas with immervision viewer (java based) and it is
> very very very fluent

As far as I know you have to do some special configuration of the
Java machine for that.

.The max on Mac is normally 60 mb and on Win 90mb but as you will
need twice as much to load the image the max size is actually less
than 30 mb.
I believe there is also a way to do it by splicing up the images
You can read more about it here
http://www.fsoft.it/panorama/PTViewer/LargePanos.htm

But still you need a new machine for it.

You have to accept that many of your viewers have 5-6 year old machines.
For example from Canada I have 7% on Win 98 + 2000
 From Brazil it is 12%
I have a lot of viewers from India. 18% are on 2000+98

Perhaps in 2 years most people are updated for it.

Hans

Hans Nyberg
commercial photographer
Hans Nyberg Fotografi