Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2006-Oct-18 21:09:00
Subject:Re: how about moving away from quicktime?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: how about moving away from quicktime? Hans Nyberg 2006-Oct-18 21:09:00
On Oct 18, 2006, at 10:37 PM, ptgroup wrote:

> app 20 MB (18.8) isn?t that too much ?
> I also visit the site very often and download Quicktime without
> iTunes for our customers.
> Some just have ISDN connections and a 20 MB download is not
> so funny  to make.

I know you are way back in Germany. And Spain
But everywhere else dialup is almost gone.

70% are on DSL 20% on LAN and only 10% on dialup.
Germany is still at 40% dialup.

But the funny thing is that it does not matter.
The Spanish see more fullscreens than the americans even if they are
on dialup.
And last month I had a big feature at AOL Germany.
I got 15.000 visitors the first 7 hours. And they saw 54.000 pages.
44.000 of them was fullscreen QTVR.
Normal pageviews per visitor is 2,5

I thought at first that they where on DSL but no. They were all on
dialup which I could confirm by looking at the visitor paths which
showed the time they used on each fullscreen.

People download much larger files today for updating systems and
software.
A standard update on Mac is often 100mb

Hans

Hans Nyberg