Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2006-Oct-18 20:01:00
Subject:Re: how about moving away from quicktime?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: how about moving away from quicktime? Hans Nyberg 2006-Oct-18 20:01:00
On Oct 18, 2006, at 8:41 PM, ptgroup wrote:

> Yes - forcing users to download the hole bunch of  itunes etc. just
> for them to use Quicktime
> is an issue but as far as I kno: you still can get ONLY Quicktime
> somewhere to download at Apples website (???)

The forcing of iTunes was gone long ago.
Installation from a page with Quicktime has been led to the
standalone installation for more than a year.

Some time during the last year also the Quicktime download page was
changed and now includes both iTunes and Standalone installer
side by side.
And also before that the standalone installer was easy to find if you
just looked on the links on the page

I can not understand that people continue to spread wrong information
about forced installation without checking for them self.
I have been doing regularly checks on the installation process for
the last 2 years

Hans

Hans Nyberg
commercial photographer