Sender:CANDAU-MIGLOS
Date/Time:2006-Oct-18 15:17:00
Subject:RE: how about moving away from quicktime?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: RE: how about moving away from quicktime? CANDAU-MIGLOS 2006-Oct-18 15:17:00

Hans,

>As far as I know you have to do some special configuration of the Java
machine for that...
>I believe there is also a way to do it by splicing up the images  ...
> ... But still you need a new machine for it.

On my side, the theorical problem is not a practical problem as 600*3000
panos perfectly works (more fluent than QT) on java based viewer
(immervision) with old PC from year 2000 (AMD 800 Mhz ; 500MB SDRAM) running
WinXP-SP1 and Matrox G400 videocard (32MB)=> not any special configuration
at all
If needed, I can look for more configuration details, just tell me what you
exactly need.
On another side, for public over internet, I don't take any chance and I
publish at 4000*2000 resolution on www.immo360.ca
Yann
(sorry for my poor english)