Sender:ptgroup
Date/Time:2006-Oct-18 18:41:00
Subject:Re: how about moving away from quicktime?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: how about moving away from quicktime? ptgroup 2006-Oct-18 18:41:00
Hello,
I really don?t want to go to deep into that discussion - it?s done for too many times now.
We just build up some sites with speric panos and still are not sure what the final solution could be.
Personally I like Immervision - but the quality of a small Quicktime is much better imo.
Also it is easier to handle: all stuff can be done by an "droplet" of Pano2QTVR and that?s it.
The capability to inklude MP3?s ia just great - did this for a website of a music group.
JAVA only handles au- format which is by far worse.

Staying with QT isn?t the worst decision at all.
Changing to whatever:
what to do with the old panos ?
how much work to get a template up and  running stable ?
is there really a sigificant increase in : a) quality / convienience / features  ?
					      b) audience ?

Yes - forcing users to download the hole bunch of  itunes etc. just for them to use Quicktime
is an issue but as far as I kno: you still can get ONLY Quicktime somewhere to download at Apples website (???)

What do the organisators say about that ?

Ciao
Mike

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----