Sender:Fulvio Senore
Date/Time:2006-Sep-17 08:07:00
Subject:Re: how about moving away from quicktime?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: how about moving away from quicktime? Fulvio Senore 2006-Sep-17 08:07:00
I have looked at a pair of samples and it seems that with that viewer
you cannot look up or down.
For a virtual reality software it looks like a great limitation.

Almost every WWP submission is a full spherical (360x180) degrees pano:
if the authors have created a much larger file and they have carefully
patched zenith and nadir I think that they consider the full vertical
field of view like a valuable feature.

With such a viewer they could only see a very small part of their
panoramic images.

Fulvio Senore