Sender:Uri Cogan
Date/Time:2008-May-26 22:53:00
Subject:Re: Globorama

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Globorama Uri Cogan 2008-May-26 22:53:00
Willy Kaemena wrote:

> I could only trigger a few panos on the (Microsoft) Earth map, but
> from what I saw I would say all WWPs from 2004/2005/2006 are
> implemented on their servers and  modified with the name of the
> photographer on it and shown in a kind of cylindrical projection.

Thanks Willy for doing the detective work.

If as you say, they had copied "all WWPs from 2004/2005/2006" then it
may be a matter for the WWP organizers or for the University of
California to intervene (as long as this does not jeopardize the WWP
project itself).

We should also look into the possibility of going to the press, and of
legal action. This matter appears to be critical for those among us who
make their living from panography.

Uri.