Sender:Willy Kaemena
Date/Time:2008-May-25 06:17:00
Subject:Re: Globorama

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Globorama Willy Kaemena 2008-May-25 06:17:00
Bostjan

I am quite sure that the presentation of the panorama controlled with
a laser pointer is quite unique. But  again that gives them no rights
to present the WWP without prior release or negotiation by each
photographer.

Just heading towards Stuttgart at 125 mph ( 200km/h)   soon
accelerating to 186 mph ( 300km/h)

Willy

On May 24, 2008, at 18:51, Bostjan Burger wrote:

> > Bo Lorentzen : "This page is presenting the panorama fest as the
> artwork or
> presentation by Bernd Lintermann, Joachim B?ttger, Torsten
> Belschner. Which
> clearly it is not."
>
> That is another ?BINGO?! Yes ...whose artwork was projection anyway?
> Ours or of the organizers of the Globorama project? I am familiar
> with such installations as Globorama ? it is trivial example: my
> daughters asked me to drive them to Disneyland in Paris and what I
> saw there ? a great 'cyclorama alike' theatre where was projected
> 360? movie (that was in the year 2003), I think that was a Voyage of
> Jules Verne over the France. The feeling of watching the movie was
> fantastic and the technology of the projection was the same as this
> one in Stuttgart, at least what I saw in the previously posted
> movie. In Disneyland was projected 360? movie (do you remember
> Jeffrey's movie over the Prague ? 360cities.net?), but there in
> Stuttgart was projected the interactive VR panorama. So I consider
> that the ?artwork point? of the installation was the possibility to
> grab (read: hijack) the pano from the ?free? internet and project it
> on the 360? wall? After my na?ve experience from the
> past I had put on my web site - translated from Slovene language:
> ?All data, text, photos, pictures and VR panoramas are owned by the
> author. No other use like storing to other servers, hot linking,
> copy-pasting, modifying images is not allowed. ?
> I am really curious what is happening in Stuttgart, unfortunately
> there is seven hours drive from my place to there and I have a lack
> of time at the moment?
>
> :) Bostjan

Willy Kaemena

http://bremen.360cities.net/