Sender:Yuval Levy
Date/Time:2008-May-27 03:18:00
Subject:Re: Globorama

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Globorama Yuval Levy 2008-May-27 03:18:00
Keith Martin wrote:
> Sometime around 26/5/08 (at 19:15 -0300) Eduardo Hutter said:
>
>> Unless I'm being extremely naive and you guys convince me of that, I
>> intend to grant them permission to use my material.
>
> I hope that the end result of all this will be an honest, open and
> respectful relationship that benefits everyone. But I personally will
> hold back from handing over agreement until things are resolved. I
> feel that's the best way to keep things relatively clear from here.

Eduardo: sorry to say so, but yes, you are being naive. Besides that: CC
is good, and one of my WWP entries has been licensed CC BY-NC-SA in
another forum, but the use ZKM makes is likely to contravene the NC
clause, even if they claim to be non-commercial.

Uri: no press please, at least not for now. from the message you
forwarded it seems clear to me that they don't admit to any wrongdoing
yet and are not repentant, which bodes bad for the future. They almost
copy-pasted the argument Bostjan has heard so often and reported here a
few days ago.

My "cannon ball" as Willy characterized it is just a typical opening
move in such negotiations - unfortunately that's where business is at
the moment. gentlemen/women agreements are a thing of the past.

Willy: Thanks a lot for documenting everything. We owe you more than 1
EUR each.

There is more to come, but I am still catching up on my conversation
with lawyers. I'm looking for a lawyer who can represent me, and will be
happy to organize common representation for whoever wants to join.

In the meantime, Ayrton et al.: yes, you can use my letter. If you
already gave them permission, revoke it on the ground of the new
findings. If you have not given them permission, WRITE TO THEM, and TELL
THEM THAT YOU DO NOT APPRECIATE WHAT THEY DID AND THAT YOU EXPLICITLY
FORBID THEM FROM USING YOUR MATERIAL. Send your emails to:

Petra Kaiser <#removed#> (secretary)
Bernd Lintermann <#removed#> (project responsible)
"Prof. Peter Weibel" <#removed#> (ZKM board)
Christiane Riedel <#removed#> (ZKM general manager)

and cc us to keep everybody in the loop.

 From the general feedback I got so far, we have enough material to beat
the shit out of ZKM in court and they will better be reasonable and
negotiate. The intention is not to beat the shit out of them unless they
force us to. The letter forwarded by Uri is not enough progress yet on
their side. A lawyer's letter may be necessary to move them to
acknowledge the massive violation of our rights that they perpetrated.

Yuv