Sender:Mickael Therer
Date/Time:2005-Mar-20 22:49:00
Subject:Re: Audio file restrictions

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Audio file restrictions Mickael Therer 2005-Mar-20 22:49:00
right so, I wasn't clear on that post those are usually
my minimum starters for all samples :
96kbits stereo (48 for mono)
22kHz (11kHz sample for voice range or similar samples
down to 24kbits)
and VBR does help from what i've tested.

but it all boils down to hearing really:
one 11 kHz stereo 96 kbps on the street will sound good
while the same by the seaside will need much higher
quality to deliver ambient, at least from my samples,
it does also add up considerably to processing vr if you
want it to sound best without killing bandwidth.

-m

--- In #removed#, Bernhard Vogl <#removed#> wrote:
> Hello Mickael
>
> In my understanding, a mono recording with a bitrate of 96kbps and a
> sample rate of 11kHz sounds like a little overkill to me. 96kbps will
> allow "CD"-quality (44100) for mono recordings. E.g. for
downsampling to