Sender:Landis
Date/Time:2005-Jun-27 15:54:00
Subject:Re: Audio Recap

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Audio Recap Landis 2005-Jun-27 15:54:00
>  > Clear your cache and try again.  Your audio loops for me.
>>
>>  I think it's just loading a previous non-looped file out of cache
>>  when you try it now.
>
>Thanks for verifying it for me. I agree with your idea about a cache
>not being updated, but it might be the cache on the server at your
>end. I uploaded an improved soundtrack, but despite clearing the
>cache and refreshing the page at my end, the old audio file kept
>updated soundtrack. Bottom line, I'm happy with the soundtrack now.

Well, it also might have been Markus changing the file tags.  It does
appear to do what you want right now - maybe it was Markus working on
it within an hour of your request.  He's pretty fast!  :)

>Thanks for your help. Now I need to figure out how to make my image
>autorotate. Do you think that adding an "autorotate" option to the
>preparation server would be a good idea?

I don't think it's that easy with a QuickTime movie.  The autorotate
is set by adding a sprite to the file or doing some wiring.  If many
people want this option, I suppose it's possible - but autorotating
movies that take the control away from me really get on my nerves.
When I add autorotation, I like to use the 5-sec pause one that will
stop autorotating when the user interacts and won't start again for
at least 5-seconds.  When I encounter a panorama that tries to keep
rotating no-matter-what, I just close the page.

If you still have QuickTime Player Pro 6.5 (not 7), you can add an
autorotate to your own QTVR files pretty easily during authoring.
See:
http://homepage.mac.com/qt4web/sprites/items.html

-Landis