Sender:Bernhard Vogl
Date/Time:2005-Mar-20 22:11:00
Subject:Re: Audio file restrictions

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Audio file restrictions Bernhard Vogl 2005-Mar-20 22:11:00
Hello Mickael

In my understanding, a mono recording with a bitrate of 96kbps and a
sample rate of 11kHz sounds like a little overkill to me. 96kbps will
allow "CD"-quality (44100) for mono recordings. E.g. for downsampling to
22050Hz, a bitrate of 64kbps would be sufficient. Maybe you mean 11025
"maximum bandwidth"?
A quick search on the net showed up this link:
http://www.nuntius.com/solutions31.html
(pls. scroll down to MP3 for a table bitrate vs. bandwith)

Also it could be interesting to use VBR coding, if the audio track has
some quiet/silent moments...

Best regards
Bernhard