Sender:Landis
Date/Time:2005-Mar-20 17:11:00
Subject:Re: Audio file restrictions

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Audio file restrictions Landis 2005-Mar-20 17:11:00
>I just made a test saving an mp3 environmental sound recorded directly
>to my powerbook using audacity
>
>128 kbps 948 kb
>32 kbps 240 kb
>
>I opened them both in Quicktime player.
>started them simultaneusly so that I could change between them.
>Maybe my ears have got a little old but I can not hear the difference.

So maybe I should just take my PowerBook 17 out to my 'marketplace'
and hit record?  I was thinking the MD ideas being floated sounded a
bit expensive but I'd sure rather pack (and drop) one of those!

Great idea though and perhaps I'll try this since I can't find any
friends with the proper equipment and I'm not willing to spend the
money on my own recording studio quite yet.

-Landis