Sender:Mickael Therer
Date/Time:2005-Mar-20 20:53:00
Subject:Re: Audio file restrictions

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Audio file restrictions Mickael Therer 2005-Mar-20 20:53:00
--- In #removed#, Bernhard Vogl <#removed#> wrote:
> My heart always bleeds if have to downgrade image/audio quality to fit
> for web needs  ;-)
>
> I have downgraded to 22050 56kbit/s with a file size of 286kb (QT pro
> has blown it up to 530kb) and uploaded the 2 versions. Both panoramas
> are less than 3MB.

Bernie,

you can sample as low as 11kHz on some occasions without
loss if you're in the voice range, and from reading and
listening to your samples and to build on what Brook
said you can half the size literally by just turning
mono, the user won't notice the difference unless
on headphones.

My heart bleeds too but i've set it to accept 11kHz/96kbps
mono for most of my samples as anything lower than 96
sounds like a phone call.
Also Mp3><AAC (itunes) is still being explored on my side
as the later gives (great) results but excludes QT5 users
and there are many around

-m