Sender:Markus Altendorff
Date/Time:2005-Jun-27 15:51:00
Subject:Re: Audio Recap

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Audio Recap Markus Altendorff 2005-Jun-27 15:51:00
skipsteuart wrote:
>>Clear your cache and try again.  Your audio loops for me.
>>
>>I think it's just loading a previous non-looped file out of cache
>>when you try it now.
>

> Thanks for verifying it for me.  I agree with your idea about a cache not being updated, but it
> might be the cache on the server at your end.  I uploaded an  improved soundtrack, but
> despite clearing the cache and refreshing the page at my end, the old audio file kept loading.
> After about an hour I finally was able to download the updated soundtrack.  Bottom line, I'm
> happy with the soundtrack now.
>
> Thanks for your help.  Now I need to figure out how to make my image autorotate.  Do you
> think that adding an "autorotate" option to the preparation server
> would be a good idea?

Well, it would if there was any "autorotate" value you could
send to Quicktime :) - contrary to the loop problem, which
may have crossed with me adding the "loop audio" option to
the WWP preparation server this morning (europe local time),
there's no mechanism to make a QTVR movie spin just by
adding HTML (you may force-feed coordinates by using a
looping javascript, but that kills all interactivity).
Usually, it's necessary to add a QTVR sprite track with the
desired behaviour while creating the movie.

Opinions on autorotate are mixed, though. While some people
like it because it shows off the "non-static" nature of a
QTVR, others (like me ;) find it a pain. Depending on the
sprite type, browser and lots of other (mostly
non-foreseeable) dependencies, it consumes massive amounts
of CPU power, and having two or more windows open can really
drag a machine down to the speed of molasses. You can hardly
take a look around without staying on the mouse button all
of the time, because otherwise, the autorotate kicks in.
It's like constantly re-seating a glass sliding on a slanted
dashboard... "me no like" :)

-Markus