Sender:G. Donald Bain
Date/Time:2006-Jul-17 17:11:00
Subject:Re: new promotional possibility - Fullscreen QTVR site

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: new promotional possibility - Fullscreen QTVR site G. Donald Bain 2006-Jul-17 17:11:00
Dan,

Others are voicing similar concerns.

I personally don't like this sort of thumbnail, but it is the
standard for the FullscreenQTVR site.

This is in no way a substitute for the WWP site. We have no plans for
major redesign of the WWP site - we are happy with it the way it is.
Of course there are details we can add, and some improvements will be
made, but it is a very logical and usable site design and has been
crafted to suit the needs of both our participants and our viewers.

Fullscreen QTVR is a completely separate venture, part of VRWay,
founded by Marco Trezzini and Hans Nyberg to promote fullscreen QTVR.
It is easy to see why they are anxious to include the WWP - the
largest collaboration of VR producers and one of the largest
collections of fullscreen VR's. I think this sort of cooperation and
mutual promotion is good for everyone.

There are weaknesses in the Fullscreen QTVR site design - the
navigation in particular is terrible. Try finding your own panorama
on the test site - an exercise in frustration. But this is something
that can be improved later.

Similarly, we want viewers on Fullscreen QTVR to gravitate over to
the WWP site, but naturally VRWay wants to keep them on their site. A
balance needs to be struck.

The question right now is the principle involved - do we want to
allow thumbnails of the WWP to be used on another site - will it help
us or hurt us? Are there changes or additional requirements we will
need to ask for before approval?

Don