Sender:danheimsothdotcom
Date/Time:2006-Jul-18 14:59:00
Subject:Re: new promotional possibility - Fullscreen QTVR site

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: new promotional possibility - Fullscreen QTVR site danheimsothdotcom 2006-Jul-18 14:59:00
--- In #removed#, Hans Nyberg <hans@...> wrote:

> Its funny that people always complains about small things which
has
> nothing to do with the concept.
>
> 90% of the thumbnails look good but as they are generated
automatically
> there will always be some which has to be recreated manually.
> The size can of course not be larger as it would mean that you
would
> have to do much more pages and the download grows very fast.
>
> But the same goes for the WWP site. I just browsed through 5 pages
at
> the last event and found 8 very bad thumbnails which does not give
you
> any preview at all of what the pano is about.
>
> But I never heard anyone complain about that.
>
> Hans
>
> Hans Nyberg
> commercial photographer
> hans nyberg fotografi
> hasselvej 6  DK-8550 ryomgaard  denmark
> <http://www.hans-nyberg.dk>
> <http://www.qtvr.dk>
>
> <http://www.panoramas.dk> Panoramas.dk - Features Fullscreen QTVR
> email:  hans@...

What is a bad or good thumb is a subjective judgement, but the WWP
site gives the contributer very direct control of the thumb by
basing it on the default view.  If you don't like it you can change
it.  It is also fairly small.  When I first saw my thumb on the FS
page I thought it looked bad, and noone would want to click on that
one, but I figured that was just the luck of the draw and I was
unlucky.  But then I saw that the banner at the top of the page also
occasionally displayed an image with my name prominantly listed as
photographer, and the image was (in my opinion) ugly.  That is the
show stopper.  I don't want you to put a big ugly image at the top
of your page with my name listed as photographer.  I may not be a
pro, but I do take my photography seriously.  If you want to think
that is petty that's your right, but fortunately I also have rights
that include copyrights.

Dan